First Congregational Church, UCC, was the first church in Winona and the oldest congregation in southeast Minnesota. The current building was dedicated in 1863.
The grand Casavant Opus 1340 pipe organ was installed in 1929.
Parishioners and visitors alike enjoy the historic “Rose Window,” a gift by the Sunday School children of the late 19th Century. In 1920, stained glass windows were added in the Sanctuary.
The Laird Chapel is an inspiring place to meditate with stained glass windows telling a story of Christian life. The windows were fabricated of antique glass imported from Belgium and installed by the Willet Studio of Philadelphia. The woodwork is of Appalachian oak, the floor is cork tile and the ceiling is made of spun glass. Dedicated November 8, 1955 Laird Chapel is a memorial to two sisters, Frances Laird Bell and Maude Laird Prentiss given by their children.