Partner with Visit Winona
NEW in 2020!
Visit Winona Experience Development Grant Program
Visit Winona is seeking partners to help us offer new and exciting experiential opportunities to our visitors and residents. If you are an attraction or business in the Winona region and want to develop or enhance a tourism-related experience, apply from February 1, 2020 to March 13, 2020 and you could be invited to present your idea live March 19, 2020 at No Name Bar in downtown Winona. Grant recipients will receive a minimum of $1,000, and a maximum of $5,000, toward a new interactive offering.
The public has a vote, too! Audience members at the Winona Experience Pitch Night event will be invited to vote for their “Crowd Favorite” initiative, which will automatically receive $500 in funding.
What is a New Experience?
The Visit Winona Experience Development Grant Program supports the growth of Winona, Minnesota’s tourism industry by investing in the development of new or enhanced tourism-related experiences. Experiential examples include but are not limited to:
- New photo opportunities or selfie stations
- New public art creations
- Progressive storytelling or new tour offering (Possible topics: Winona History, Winona Flavors, etc.)
- Stevenston Heritage Experience: A Tasty Walking Tour
- Behind-the-Scenes experiences
- Como Zoo: Behind the Scenes
- Gamified experiences
- Message in a Brewery at Wheelhouse Brewery
Experience development initiatives should:
- Enhance the tourist experience in Winona
- Be offered in Winona for a minimum of three years
- Be completed by December 31, 2020 to be eligible for March 2020 round of funding
All Visit Winona partner businesses, community groups, and organizations may apply.
Each submitted request will be initially reviewed by select Visit Winona staff and board members. The applicants will then present their concept to a panel of local judges at our Winona Experience Pitch Night event at 6 p.m., Thursday, March 19, 2020 at No Name Bar in downtown Winona.
Grant funding will be awarded by the judges at the conclusion of the event. Public attendees of the event will be invited to vote for their favorite new experience. The “Crowd Favorite” will be automatically awarded $500 towards their experience!
2020 Partnership Benefits include:
- Full Online Directory listing at www.VisitWinona.com
- Visitor Center rack space
- Placement of giveaways/coupons provided by business in Welcome Bags
- Winona area updates, referrals, marketing and grant opportunities through Visit Winona
Join now for just $100 per year! (*Outside City Limits add $100)
The 2020 Official Winona Visitor Guide has been printed. Advertising and listing opportunities in the 2021 Winona Visitor Guide will be made available early Fall 2020.
All partnerships are subject to approval.
Interested in more?
- VisitWinona.com Banner Advertisement: $150/12 Months
- Customize your own rotating, hyperlinked banner ad on three relevant web pages
- Digital Photo Gallery Usage License: $99/12 Months
- Download high-quality, local images from this gallery to use in your own digital marketing