Family trips can be overwhelming, so let us help you plan! Make the most of your time in Winona by following this itinerary:
- Start your day with a maple long john or chocolate cake donut at Bloedow Bakery, a family-owned bakery that opened in 1924 and has used the same recipes since.
- Work off your pastries with a hike up a path to the Garvin Heights Overlook to get a panoramic view of the river valley.
- Make a rest stop at the Visitor Center to shop for a commemorative t-shirt or Winona Coloring Book before renting bicycles or canoes at Lake Park Lodge to take a ride around the Lake Winona bike path or paddle the calm waters. (Summer)
- For lunch, order a Sugarloaf Mountain burger, smiley fries, and a frosty mug of homemade root beer at the iconic Lakeview Drive-Inn. (Summer)
- In the winter, grab a great All-American burger—topped with an egg!—at Bub’s Brewing Company, which also boasts a great kid-friendly menu. (Winter/Year-Round)
- End the afternoon at the Bob Welch Aquatic Center featuring a water slide and Olympic-size pool, or cruise the Mighty Mississippi on the Winona Tour Boat. (Summer)
- If the weather is keeping you from splashing around in the sun, grab a family day pass at the Winona YMCA and enjoy all the activities they offer – pools, family programs, gymnasiums. (Winter/Year-Round)
- For dinner, order a Rocco’s Pizza at their newest location on West 5th Street, and take it to the renovated Levee Park for a scenic picnic on the Mississippi River.