In October 2016, Facebook launched a new recommendations feature to help users get a little more help from their friends. Facebook friends have been asking one another to recommend restaurants, activities, and travel on the site for quite some time, which is all part of the great shift toward consumer engagement that today’s most savvy destinations are adapting to. Learn how this feature works and how to request recommendations in the article linked above.
There are incredible resources for you as a Visit Winona Partner to access. Dip your toes in lightly or dive in head first; the information will only help you and your business thrive!
View the resources on the Explore Minnesota Tourism Awareness page here. Explore Minnesota Tourism works with the tourism industry to increase awareness of the economic contributions of the tourism industry. See the 2018 Tourism and Minnesota’s Economy fact sheet for additional information.
Results from a recently completed study reinforce that Minnesota’s tourism advertising provides a good value to the state. The return on investment (ROI) study concluded that every $1 invested in Explore Minnesota’s 2016 spring/summer advertising returned $98 in traveler spending and $9 in direct state and local tax revenue. These returns are attributable to $388.8 million in traveler spending on 3.5 million incremental trips that would not have taken place were it not for the advertising campaign.
- This website is the go-to place to learn about ways that you can get involved in tourism promotion and marketing opportunities or dig into a wealth of research and reports on things that explain the impact of tourism on the economy, along with trends and facts and figures.
- Update your business listing and/or add events to the EMT Calendar here, or contact Kim Kinsler, 651-757-1847, firstname.lastname@example.org, with any questions.
- To access the 2016 Tourism and the Economy Fact Sheet and other material highlighting the impact of travel in Minnesota, visit the Tourism Awareness section of the website.
- Sign up to receive EMT Express: A biweekly electronic newsletter for Minnesota travel industry professionals. This newsletter contains information on upcoming Explore Minnesota Tourism industry events (conferences, seminars, etc.) and marketing opportunities, and other tourism-related information.
- Check this Research & Reports page regularly for the latest facts and figures on Minnesota Tourism.
- Extension researchers and educators engage individuals and organizations in asking the challenging questions to discover science-based answers that make a difference. This website is focused on assisting Minnesota communities that seek to promote local economic growth through tourism.
- View the 2016 UMN Research for the tourism industry.